The Vision of Antioch Christian Ministries
Antioch Christian Ministries is passionate about bringing the life, hope and restoration that is found in Jesus Christ into every area of society. We are a vibrant church community with Worship, the word of God and prayer as foundational cornerstones. Our desire is that every person would have an encounter with our loving Father, who is a transformer of lives. We believe that each transformed life can then be empowered to impact the world around them.
It is our desire to have a strong, biblically sound ministry that meets the needs of those who come from all walks of life, cultures and nations. Our vision is to see people come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; to bring deliverance from bondage and healing to the whole man. Then according to the word of God, to disciple and equip them as part of the body of Christ to do the work of the ministry. Finally our desire is to worship the Lord in Spirit and in Truth and to lead people into an intimate relationship with Him so that they in turn will go and share His love with all they meet.
- We believe that the Bible, in its entirety, is the inspired Word of God and the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20)
- We believe in Christ’s great commission to the church to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. (Matthew 28:19)
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that in Jesus Christ “dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians 2:9; Deuteronomy 6:4; John 10:30, 14:26, 15:26; Matthew 28:19)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. (1 Timothy 3:16; Acts 1:11; Romans 8:34)
- We believe in complete salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and obedience to the gospel by repentance of sins and baptism by immersion in water. (Ephesians 2:8; Acts 2:38)
- We believe in the present Ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Hebrews 12:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:7,8; Romans 8:12,13)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit giveth utterance and in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit operative in the church of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38,39; Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
- We believe in the observance of the Lord’s supper at the receiving of His resurrected body and the new covenant in His blood. (1 Corinthians 11:24,25)
- We believe in the fruit of the Spirit and that all the above must be accompanied by the spiritual fruit of love.
- We believe that if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (creation) in the inward man. We are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus. We are partakers of His divine nature. (2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:8,9)
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ and that each believer is an integral part. Through the new birth, believers are united together as the body of Christ. Jesus Christ is the Lord and head of the Church. (Ephesians 1:1-22; Ephesians 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23)
- We believe that the anointing work of Jesus Christ provides not only salvation but healing of mind, soul and body, as well as deliverance and prosperity for all believers. (Matthew 8:16,17; 3 John 2 Amp.)
- We believe that a Christian marriage constitutes one man and one woman being joined together in a life-long exclusive covenant with one another in the presence of the Lord and a body of witnesses. (Genesis 1:18, 2:23; Matthew 19:3-6; Romans 1:24-28)
- We believe in a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whoever’s name is not found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelations 19:20, 20:11-15, 21:8)
What Can Be Expected at Antioch:
Our communion is based on Covenant Relationship with Jesus Christ. In John 6:53-58 Jesus states, ”Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you….For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks my blood abides in Me, and I in him.” Jesus purchased our full salvation for us. We receive His Resurrection life as we partake. Communion is available for everyone.